Whether you ride single-track routes through the forest or take advantage of lift-assisted Mammoth Mountain Bike Park, Mono County is a mecca for mountain bikers. For road bikers, smooth asphalt roads with minimal traffic and awe-inspiring views make this a cycling paradise.
Here are a few resources for our biker friends who want to bring their rides along when they come to stay with us!
- Top Bike Rides in Mono County for road or off-road bikers
- MTB Trail Project Guide to High Sierra Mountain Bike Trails – Some are nearby, others a few hours away
- Mountain Biking the Eastern Sierra – From the Bishop Visitor Center, a fantastic reference!
- SEMBA Website – Mountain Biking advocacy and event listings galore—including the 2021 Pedalpalooza!
- California’s High Sierra mountain biking trails – Just a sampling for every skill level
- The Weekender’s Eastern Sierra – An article from BIKE magazine
- Three Fall Color Rides – for Eastern Sierra Mountain Bikers
And one for the road…uh, trail! If you’re already hardcore, you might want to get a copy of this book before you head our way: Mountain Biking the Eastern Sierra’s Best 100 Trails.