Regional Attractions & Activities
One of the best things about coming to visit our area is that we truly do have something of interest to do for almost everyone! From outdoor sports and recreation to unique shopping and dining that gives you a true taste of America’s Golden West, the most difficult thing you’ll have to do is choose which activities to do first.
Hover over images for titles.
- Seasonal fishing and hunting in the many mountains and scenic waterways throughout our area
- Fishing and hunting licenses available from several local outlets
- A variety of exciting off-road trails for your ATV and dirt bike enjoyment
- Scenic hiking everywhere, from beginner level to the most challenging trails
- Hike, picnic and spend the day in scenic Cinnabar, Patterson and Mack Canyons
- Boating and water recreation on Bridgeport Reservoir and numerous area rivers, lakes and streams
- Numerous Pack Stations for those who enjoy horses and a trail ride
- And so much more!
Uncommon and eclectic shops in Bridgeport, Lee Vining, Mono Lake and other nearby towns, including:
- Sierra Strange Museum – for those whose tastes are out of the ordinary
- Sweetwater Outpost – Amazing gifts and one-of-a-kid jewelry at surprisingly affordable prices
- Bodie Mercantile – A truly singular historic museum in the town’s original general store building, much of whose wares are for sale and fund the preservation of Bodie Historical Park just a few miles away
- And much more!
- Big Meadow Brewing Company brewery and restaurant in Bridgeport
- Bridgeport Inn Restaurant for its indoor lounge and cocktail bar, and outside seating as well to enjoy their hearty steakhouse meals
- Three 95 Mexican Café – Satisfying Mexican cuisine prepared fresh to order and enjoy on-site or to go
- And more!
- Historic sights and landmarks, including the Mono County Courthouse, Bodie State Historic Park, Mono County Museum…even a guided historic walk through Bridgeport
- Explore the abandoned Chemung Gold Mine in nearby Masonic, California
- Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad – Serving Fish Camp and the surrounding area
- History is everywhere you look around here, the sky’s the limit!
- Nature’s Hot Tubs – Travertine Hot Springs, just up the ridge from Bridgewater; and Buckeye Hot Spring, not far away
- Sky Time Helicopter Air Tours – Serving Mammoth Lakes and the surrounding area to see the magnificence of the High Sierra from a soaring eagle’s viewpoint
- Yosemite! The Bridgeport area is a great jumping-off point for a day trip to Yosemite. Avoid the long lines, traffic and exorbitant prices by staying here, booking your trip online, and parking your vehicle to take the official park tour bus.
- There’s so much nature all around us, you’d have to try to run out of things to do!
There are many annual and seasonal events to enjoy in and around Bridgeport. During our spring-through-fall season, here are a few you might want to participate in: