- We are proud that all of our reservations are guaranteed, due to our high-level customer service process. All reservations go through the manager. For availability, call Direct: (760) 932-7740 or Toll-Free, (866) 224-5881.
- All times stated are in the Pacific Time Zone.
- Please check in after 2:00 PM.
- Check out is no later than 10:00 AM.
- Will-call rentals must be pre-approved. Please arrive to occupy your unit before 2:00 PM.
- Trailer rental rates include campground delivery and pick-up charges.
- Rates DO NOT include campsite fees, unless you booked a fishing package.
- Our published rental prices do NOT include the 12% Mono County Occupancy Tax.
- A Hold Deposit is required at time of reservation. Reservations for 7 or more days will be accepted with a deposit of 50% of the total reservation cost. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival here in Bridgeport.
- Specials and four-day reservations must be paid in full when reservation is processed.
- All of our prices are expressed in US Dollars.
- We accept the following credit cards for payment of all charges: Master Card, Visa, American Express.
- If you cannot show up to fulfill an arranged rental, you must make every reasonable effort to let Bridgeport Vacation Trailer Rentals know, as soon as you know you cannot make it. It is unfair and disruptive to our business to prepare for a renter’s arrival if the renter fails to show up. You may also be preventing another renter from enjoying a rental in your absence, which loses business for us.
- If you fail to notify us of a pending No-Show on more than one occasion, Bridgeport Vacation Trailer Rentals may, at its sole discretion, suspend or cancel your BVTRentals.com account and opt not to do business with you.
- Cancellations must be made 30 days before scheduled check-in date. After that, if we can re-rent the unit to someone else, a refund will be issued. Otherwise, your deposit will be forfeited.
- All refundable deposits are subject to a $50 service fee.
- We highly recommend that you have some kind of personal / travel insurance prior to staying in one of our rentals. Because we cannot be responsible for your safety or health while you are using one of our trailers, you may wish to check your insurance policy to see what kind of coverage they provide for staying in rented accommodations. We are not responsible for providing any insurance or guarantees for guests, including lost of stolen property, or loss of the ability to camp due to natural disasters or Acts of God, such as wildfires and earthquakes.
- Furnishings & Supplies.
- Our trailers are rented as occupancy units only. No bedding, linens, pots, pans or other daily living items are provided. Please refer to the list of items we recommend that you bring with you from home to ensure a pleasurable stay.
- We provide toilet paper that is safe for use in our trailers’ systems. Do not use any other kind of paper in the toilet.
Power & Positioning
- Our 28ft trailers only have 12 volt, battery-powered electricity. There is no 110 volt power to the wall outlets, unless your trailer is positioned in a full hook-up campsite. (Our 30ft trailers are all located in Mono Village Campground, with full hookups.) Otherwise, you will be dry camping, and must pay attention to how much power you’re using. Conserve battery power by not leaving on unused lights, not doing a lot of opening and closing of the refrigerator door, etc. If you’re not hooked up to shore power, regular plug-in household appliances will not work.
- For your safety as well as ours, we will NOT park trailers in Mono Village’s section F, past site 39D, or in the upper A or B sections where campsite access and parking is steep.
Security & Cleaning
- A $200 cleaning & security deposit will be charged upon arrival. It will be refunded if the trailer you rented is left clean. This judgment is made at our sole discretion.
- We provide a mop and a broom for you to use in keeping the trailer clean, especially before you turn it in at checkout time.
- Sorry, but we can’t control the weather, so we don’t issue refunds based on adverse weather conditions during your scheduled stay. You assume all weather-related risks. Call ahead for happy camping.
- We are not responsible for any bodily injury, lost or broken property, or damage that occurs to your personal vehicle that occurs during your stay in our trailer.
- You are fully responsible for any damage that may occur to our trailer during your occupancy, whether you personally caused the damage or not.
- Pets are welcome! If you bring a dog, do not leave it unattended in the trailer while you’re away. If your animal does damage to our trailer, you are fully responsible for professional quality repairs required to restore it to its original condition. A $100 charge will be applied if we have to clean up after your pet (hair, waste, spraying, food/water messes, etc.).
- Cleaning supplies are not provided. Please bring something to help clean up your pet’s hair, if you have a dog that sheds a lot.
- For the safety and comfort of all our guests, all rental units are non-smoking. If we determine that anyone has smoked inside one of our trailers, you will forfeit your cleaning de